Having perfect and glowing skin isn’t only a matter of genetics. Instead, it also involves keeping up with a healthy skincare routine. If like many others, you are also facing problems like acne, wrinkles, dryness, oily skin, or age spots, you have come to the right post. Here are 6 homemade masks for fresher skin you can try this week.
In today’s post, I am going to tell you about some cleansing and moisturizing face masks that will make your skin look healthy and amazing; furthermore, these masks can easily be made at home.
Though most people go to the spa for skincare, these trips can be quite expensive; moreover, amid the current COVID crisis, you can’t visit a spa. However, that doesn’t mean your skincare routine has to be disrupted.
You can get the same results that you would get in a spa at home by making these DIY face masks. So, keep reading to learn more.
Avocado, Cocoa, and Honey Face Mask for Dry Skin
The three ingredients in this nourishing and delicious face mask are all very beneficial for the skin. Avocado hydrates your skin, cocoa is an effective antioxidant that soothes the skin, and honey works as an anti-inflammatory and gives the mask some structure.
Here is the preparation method for this face mask recipe:
- Mash ¼ of an avocado in a bowl
- Add one tablespoon each of cocoa powder and honey, and mix to combine.
- Apply the mask to your face for 10 minutes (make sure that your face is dry and clean)
- Wash the cover off using warm water and moisturize with any lotion of your choice.
Papaya Face Mask for Dull Skin
This face mask is perfect for people who want glowing and brighter skin. Papaya is quite beneficial for your skin; it has certain enzymes that work as a natural exfoliator. These enzymes help in the shedding of dead skin cells and make your skin glow. The face mask also has egg whites and honey in it, which provide structure to the mask and are nutritious for the skin as well.
Check out these instructions for the preparation of the mask:
- Mash 1/2 a cup of papaya in a small bowl.
- Add a teaspoon each of honey and whipped egg whites. And keep mashing to combine thoroughly
- Apply the mask on your face for about 10 minutes and moisturize after washing it off with warm water.
Banana and Turmeric Face Mask for Acne-Prone Skin
Acne is a problem that is faced by many people. If you have acne-prone skin as well, you might want to try out this fantastic face mask. The first ingredient; bananas are packed with a substantial dose of vitamin A and potassium, which helps in skin-cell turnover and also keeps your pores clean.
Turmeric is known to be a very useful natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory. It can help you get rid of bacteria causing acne, and it also prevents the formation of marks on your skin. The final ingredient, baking soda helps in the absorption of excess oil from your skin.
Here are the instructions for the preparation of the mask:
- Mash one whole banana in a bowl
- Add half a teaspoon each of turmeric and baking soda
- Add a teaspoon of honey to give the mask some structure
- Apply the mask for ten minutes and moisturize after washing with warm water
Cucumber and Milk Face Mask for Rough Skin
This face mask has a very soothing and cooling effect, which makes it perfect for rough skin. Moreover, even after a single-use, your skin will feel a lot fresher and softer. This mask also has an exfoliating effect on your skin, and it makes you feel like you are in a spa.
You can massage your face with this mask; furthermore, typical massage can also be beneficial for your skin in various ways. Therefore, how about sitting in a massage chair while you let the mask dry for an authentic spa experience. There is a wide variety of expensive massage chairs available in the market that you can check out.
Here is how you can prepare and use this mask:
- Puree half a cucumber in a food procession and add it to a quarter cup of milk.
- Add in one tablespoon of honey to give the mask some base, and add a tablespoon of brown sugar
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly and apply on your face for 10 to 15 minutes
Yogurt and Cocoa Mask for Sensitive Skin
People with sensitive skin have to face many problems. Their skin is at a higher risk of sunburn, dryness, roughness, and various other conditions. For people with sensitive skin, this is the perfect face mask. It is rich in active probiotics and proteins, which are very beneficial for the skin. The flavanols from the cocoa are very effective in reducing irritation.
Honey is used for the base of this mask, as it is for most natural homemade face masks, but it also tightens your skin and works as an anti-inflammatory. These three ingredients combine to form a gentle yet super effective trifecta.
Here are the instructions for the preparation and application of the mask:
- Mix about one tablespoon of yogurt, with one teaspoon each of cocoa powder and honey.
- Apply the mixture to your face for around 15 minutes and then wash off with warm water
- Don’t forget to moisturize after washing your face.
Oatmeal and Citrus Face Mask for Oily Skin
Oily skin is a widespread issue, and it can result in more dirt being deposited on your skin and an increased risk of pimples and acne. The citric acid from the lemon juice used in this mask works very effectively in the removal of excess oil from the skin; meanwhile, the oatmeal calms and soothes your skin and helps avoid redness.
Follow the instructions below for the preparation and application of this mask:
- Cook half a cup of our meal, and let it cool, or you can also use leftover oatmeal from breakfast.
- Add one tablespoon of lemon juice and one egg white to give the mask some structure.
- Apply on your face for up to 10 minutes and wash off with warm water.
Author Bio: Anthony believes words have the power to influence people and disseminate knowledge artistically. Even though he writes for no particular niche, his passion for blogging has driven him to take up writing in his leisure time to accompany his studies.