We know that you want to throw your child the very best birthday party ever. You want them to grin from ear to ear to the point where they feel like they can’t stop. Of course, you also secretly want to be the envy of all the other parents when they see the effort you went to throwing your little on the bash of the century.
Be honest, you do.
But, success on any level all comes down to planning.
If you want to throw the very best birthday party for your child, you need to bear the following tips in mind.
- Choose Your Location Wisely – It’s easy to head to the nearest open play center, but where’s the fun and imagination in that? Think outside of the box but at the same time, you need to choose somewhere that’s easy to get to for parents. Otherwise, your child is going to be disappointed when few people turn up.
- Choose a Select Few to Attend – This doesn’t mean you can only have five children attending the party, but it does mean you need to make sure that you have enough adult supervision on hand for the number of children attending, according to their age. So, don’t go over the top.
- Focus on a Couple of Main Activities – You may want to have stations all over the room dedicated to different activities, simply because you don’t want anyone to become bored. That’s understandable, but you should focus on a couple of main activities unless you want very exhausted and therefore cranky children, and plenty of stress as a result.
- What Does Your Child Want? – You might have your own ideas and be thinking about a surprise, but what does your child actually want? Asking them should be your first port of call; after all, it’s about them.
- Cater For Adults – To a Degree – You want the adults attending to enjoy themselves too, but that doesn’t mean they can go wild. The focus should be on the children more than anything. But, to help people to relax and mingle, you can think about serving perhaps wine or beer for parents – with a limit. Allowing people to drink whatever they want may turn the party into something you don’t want.
Now you have a few tips on how to plan the perfect birthday part for your little ones, let’s check out a few ideas you might want to adapt or even downright take as your own – we don’t mind!
Whatever your child enjoys, that’s a great theme to go for. Unicorns, superheroes, Alice in Wonderland, space, etc. They all work really well and you can really go to town with costumes, themed food, and decorations.
A Children’s Spa
Why should adults get all the fun when it comes to pampering? If you have a little one who loves a little of the finer things in life, a children’s spa is a great idea. Colorful drinks in fancy cups, nails, hair, pedicures, manicures, the list goes on. This type of idea can be adapted for any child and their interests too.
Explore The Jungle
This takes the theme idea to a whole new level! Create a literal jungle and allow your children to head into the wild and explore. Of course, they’re not really in the wilderness, but they’ll feel like they are. You can even supply the necessary outfits, including hats and bug spray!
Afternoon Tea With a Spin
We mentioned Alice in Wonderland earlier, but the tea party scene is a great idea for a kids’ birthday party. You can have characters dressed up to join in the fun, and you can serve sandwiches with the crusts cut off, dainty cakes, and cups of tea in mock-china! It will feel luxurious but has that child-like spin thanks to the theme.
The question is, who is going to be the Mad Hatter?
Hire a Show
This idea may be a little more on the expensive side, but it’s sure to get both attention and plaudits! Can you hire a theater group to perform a show for your children and their friends? It could be an adaptation of their favorite musical, perhaps The Lion King, or it can be an acrobat show to keep everyone’s attention. Afterward, you can all have a meal together. This is a great option for slightly older children.
Now you know everything you need to plan the best party, and you have a few ideas, it’s up to you to choose your next move!